SPPS is currently in Distance Learning. Click the image below to view Indian Ed School Counseling Services during this time.
Overview of the Indian Education School Counseling Program
The SPPS Indian Education School Counseling Program is a unique service that provides specialized counseling services to eligible students attending SPPS high schools.
This supplemental*, culturally-responsive counseling program aligns to...
…the recommended American School Counseling Association (ASCA) Domains:
- Social & Emotional Learning
- College & Career Readiness
- Academic Success
...and World's Best Workforce Goals:
- Goal Area 3: All Achievement Gaps Closed for American Indian Students
- Goal Area 4: All American Indian Students Attain Career and College Readiness
- Goal Area 5: All American indian Students Graduate from High School
*Please note that these services do not replace the traditional, school counseling services available at the SPPS high schools. Students and families are strongly encouraged to communicate with their assigned high school counselor regarding school-specific supports, including graduation requirements/credits, tutoring, interventions, and engagement.
Kerrie Troseth is the licensed school counselor with the SPPS Indian Education Program.
- Master's Degree in School Counseling and licensed in the State of Minnesota for K-12
- Bachelor's Degree in English Education and licensed in the State of Minnesota for 7-12
- School counselor since 1999; Indian Education school counselor since 2013
- Olweus Bullying Prevention National Trainer
- Global Career Development Facilitator Certification
- ULCA's College Counseling Certification
To schedule an appointment session with Kerrie, please click https://calendly.com/kerrie-troseth