UPDATE 8/7/2020 Discovery Club options during Distance Learning:
- Fee-based full-day childcare is available during Distance Learning to any SPPS students in grades PreK through 5th for the 2020-2021 school year. Registration required.
- This is not the same program as Essential Kids Care offering care for Tier 1 Essential Workers
- Care begins Tuesday, September 8
- $25/child registration fee
- 3-day/week minimum enrollment. Days of the week must remain the same
- Written one-week notice to make a schedule change, provided space available. $20 schedule change fee applies
- Written one-week notice to withdraw a contract. If written notice is not received one week in advance, full fees will be due
- Drop-in days must be requested one week in advance, provided space available. $45/day per child is the drop-in rate
- Families register for care on the traditional school days with the option of adding NSD care as needed at a later date
- Closed on Holidays, as listed in the district school calendar
- A minimum enrollment must be met in order for a site to remain open. Should a site not meet the minimum enrollment, your contract will be honored at another DC location during Distance Learning
- Families are responsible for dropoff and pickup at the DC location, no transportation provided
- Breakfast and lunch will be offered each day by SPPS Nutrition Services
- Afternoon snack provided
- Staffed with Discovery Club school year staff
- Discovery Club will provide time for students to do homework and work on distance learning. Staff do not provide remedial tutoring services during homework or distance learning time; children are expected to work independently. Staff will provide assistance to problem solve roadblocks (for example, help a child read the directions to clarify the task or review a word problem with the child to determine a strategy, etc.). It is the responsibility of the family to check for completion and accuracy of their child’s homework or distance learning assignments
- To register for Discovery Club click here.
Families previously registered for Before/After care with Discovery Club for the 2020-21 school year will need to re-register if interested in full-day care during Distance Learning. Your original contract requests for Before/After care will remain on your account (no fees charged at this time) to allow Discovery Club to honor the previously processed contracts should SPPS transition to school in session, 5 days a week, within the current school year. Should you choose to withdraw your previously processed Before/After care contract for the 2020-21 school year, your $25 registration fee will be refunded. Contracts can be withdrawn through your online account or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.