Elementary Counseling Program
Elementary school counselors in Saint Paul Public Schools provide a wide array of supports to the communities they serve, including teaching whole class lessons, leading small group learning experiences, and holding individual counseling sessions. Below is the mission and vision of the counseling department. You can also find more information about SPPS counseling services at https://www.spps.org/Domain/1501.
Licensed School Counselors empower students and families to access their premier Saint Paul Public Schools education through:
- Academic support.
- Social emotional support.
- College & career readiness.
- All students are college and career ready.
- All students have the mindsets and behaviors needed to be successful.
- All students have advocacy skills.
- All students and families feel welcomed, respected and valued.
- All students have access to a Licensed School Counselor in their school.
- 100% of SPPS students will graduate with the skills necessary to access their college and/or career aspirations