Degrees and Certifications:
I attended and graduated from St. Cloud State University with two bachelor’s, one in Political Sciences, and another in International Relations (2015). I hold a Masters in International Development with a minor in International Education from the Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota.
Hi Como, Team! My name is Franklin Zumba, and I’m a Pathways Coordinator for the Get Ready! Program. I’m passionate about what I do because I have seen firsthand the effect a postsecondary education has on students, and I am passionate about ensuring that all students reap the benefits of all the resources available at school. For me, as a minority, postsecondary education and career readiness are a pathway of hope, an equalizer in terms of opportunities for the future of our communities and the only way to end poverty.
Working with my programs has provided me with the opportunity to help both students and families with college and career information and planning at an early age in order to broaden their thinking about postsecondary options in the future. I believe that success in education is about building trust within people. I’m ready and excited for this new academic year at Como.
What Get Ready! Offers at Como:
My program focuses on helping students from low-income backgrounds and communities of color realize their aspirations through education and career advancement. We offer:
- Virtual college and career advising sessions
- Virtual career workshops and presentation
- Workshops for parents on college and career knowledge
- Virtual college tours
- Academic support for students
- I grew up in Ecuador and moved to Minnesota in 2006.
- I’ve traveled all over Latin America for fun and for work. During this time I had the chance to work with governments and nongovernmental organizations in the rainforest, working with ethnic minorities on women empowerment, education and human rights advocacy.
Get Ready Information and News
Information for upcoming events (workshops, presentations, etc.) for 9th and 10th grade students will be posted in Schoology every week.
To schedule an appointment with me, please send an email to email@example.com or call/text 763-220-2180 (Google Voice).