Due to the rise in COVID-19 case numbers, SPPS has also decided to place the EDL/ESS program on hold until further notice.
Extended Day for Learning/ Extended Student Support (EDL/ESS): Grades 3-8 Program
The EDL/ESS program will offer students who meet ALC qualifications the opportunity to:
- Improve academic and social emotional skills
- Discover and explore new abilities and interests
- Make friends and connect with caring adults
- Be creative, active, healthy and have fun
This in-person FREE program runs 1-2 days per week for three hours per session at the Academic Support Center(s). Find your school’s scheduled dates and times on the Extended Day for Learning (EDL)/Extended Student Support (ESS) 2020-21 Grades 3-8 Calendar. Please note this schedule may change should SPPS move from distance to in-person learning during the school day.
The program includes:
- A snack
- Bus transportation home for grades 3-4 students who live more than half a mile from school and for grades 5-8 students who live more than one mile from school
- Students who walk to and from school will get assistance crossing busy intersections
- Instruction by certified teachers and specialists
- Instrumental music instruction for interested students in grades 4-8
Enrollment in the EDL/ESS programs will be based on staff availability and ability to offer programs while maintaining COVID-19 health guidelines.
To enroll, complete the Grades 3-8 Extended Day Learning/Extended Support Services (EDL/ESS) Registration Form.
Transportation information will be mailed at the end of October to enrolled students.
Please contact the Department of Alternative Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-744-8020 for more information.