2023-2024 Walk, Bike, and Roll to School Days: Oct. 4, Feb 7, and May 8
Walk, Bike, and Roll to School Days are a great way for schools to celebrate and encourage walking and biking to school. Save the dates for the 2023-2024 school year:
The official dates are on Wednesdays, but schools should pick dates that work well for them. All schools are encouraged to participate, and anyone can plan an event - parents, students, and/or staff.There are many ways to celebrate:
- October 4, 2023: Walk, Bike and Roll to School Day/International Walk to School Day
- February 7, 2024: Winter Walk to School Day
- May 8, 2024: Walk, Bike and Roll to School Day/National Bike to School Day
- Register schoolwide events at forms.gle/bvMetvt98a9G2sHP7. You must register for EACH event. If you register early enough, MnDOT will send you swag for your event!
- Keep it simple: promote the day to families, students, and staff, and encourage them to walk or bike.You can adapt these communication templates.
- Plan a walk during the school day.
- Try out a walking school bus or bike train, or encourage families to try them.
- Hold a bus stop and walk event so students who ride the bus can participate too.
Try out the activities on the MN Safe Routes to School website, where you will find crossword puzzles, word finds, a poster and photo contests, and more!
- Reserve the SPPS bike fleet for bike education and rides. BikeMN also has bike fleets that are free to reserve for schools who have completed the Walk! Bike! Fun! curriculum training.
- For help planning events, contact Sarah Stewart, Safe Routes to School Lead, firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-447-7147.