Adams Spanish Immersion (PreK-5)
District Magnet: Spanish Immersion
Hours: 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Our mission at Adams is to support students on their educational journey as they become bilingual and biliterate.
- We offer a Spanish immersion program for grades PreK-5. We are thrilled to offer our very first Pre-K classroom in the 2021-22 school year!
- Students in kindergarten and first grade engage in activities that focus on their social-emotional learning and academics while being immersed in Spanish.
- Beginning in second grade, students continue to use Spanish for the majority of the day, and they start to receive English instruction for about 30-50 minutes every day.
- Students in grades 3-5 receive more English instruction to prepare them for their time at the middle and high school levels, while maintaining a large portion of their day in Spanish.
- In addition to core subjects, we offer art, music, science and physical education.
- Pre-K (full day)
- Discovery Club (on-site)
- Extended Day for Learning (EDL)
- Community Education after-school programs (fee-based)
Address: 615 S. Chatsworth St.
Transportation Area: A-F
Adams → Highland Park Middle → Highland Park Senior