American Indian Magnet (PreK-8)
District Magnet: American Indian Language and Culture
Hours: 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Our school was created from the vision of elders and community members with a goal to provide an American Indian perspective and to welcome students of all backgrounds.
- Teaching is rooted in American Indian culture, traditions, values, history and art.
- Many teachers specialize in the Lakota and Ojibwe language and culture, as well as physical education, music and art.
- Middle school students (6-8) are required to take either the Lakota or Ojibwe language.
- Events include culture fairs, drum and dance, powwows, academic parent-teacher teams and special events throughout the year.
- Our building and grounds have begun a complete and exciting four-year renovation project to truly reflect the beauty and power of what we’re all about at AIMS.
- Pre-K (full-day)
- Discovery Club (off-site)
- Indian Youth Enrichment
- Urban 4-H
- Extended Day for Learning (EDL)
- American Indian AVID
- World Languages: Lakota/Dakota, Ojibwe
Address: 1075 E. Third St.
Transportation Area: A-F
American Indian Magnet → Harding Senior