Capitol Hill Gifted and Talented Magnet (1-8)
District Magnet: Gifted and Talented
Hours: 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Capitol Hill is designated by the Minnesota Department of Education as a Rewards School for outstanding growth on state assessments.
- We focus on developing students’ learning at their individual level and accelerating them in each subject area at their appropriate pace through small group learning, individual conferencing, and engaging students through their interests.
- Elementary students participate in music, including opportunities to participate in learning a band or orchestra instrument beginning as young as first grade.
- Middle school students can participate in a variety of courses outside of the core electives, including French, Spanish, band and orchestra.
- Students also participate with artist-in-residence programs to inspire them in the visual and performing arts.
- We focus on social and emotional growth through our five domains: self-management, self-awareness, responsible decision-making, relationship skills and social awareness.
- Teachers bring history, science, math, visual arts, drama, physical education and music to life.
- We participate in local, state and national competitions such as Model UN, History Day, science fair, geography bee, debate, Word Masters, Philosophy Slam, Lego League, robotics and more.
- Elementary students must be identified as Gifted and Talented through either the CoGAT assessment or the portfolio.
- Middle school is an open enrollment school and all students may apply.
- Discovery Club (on-site)
- Extended Day for Learning (EDL)
- Community Education after-school programs (fee-based)
- World Languages: French, Spanish
Address: 560 Concordia Ave.
Transportation Area: A-F
Capitol Hill → Highland Park Senior