Galtier Community School (PreK-5)
Community School: Area E
Hours: 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- From video projects on iPads to learning how to code for a 3D printer, our students experience the future of education.
- Our “Learning Studios” provide spaces where students are grouped by skill level rather than grade level, offering a unique classroom environment for collaboration.
- The Exploratorium – a large media center – provides a hands-on approach to technology, creativity and project-based learning.
- Student teachers from the University of Minnesota become "college buddies" to help students work on their reading strategies and help develop innovative ways of teaching students one-on-one.
- Specialist classes include physical education, science and a Makerspace.
- Our teaching focuses on personalized learning, culturally relevant instruction and ENVoY (non-verbal classroom strategies).
- Galtier has a very active PTO that assists with funding for field trips and artists-in-residences.
- Pre-K (full-day)
- Discovery Club (off-site)
- Extended Day for Learning (EDL)
Address: 1317 Charles Ave.
Transportation Area: E
Galtier → Murray Middle → Como Park Senior