L’Etoile du Nord French Immersion PreK-5 (Dual Campus)
District Magnet: French Immersion
- Lower Campus: PreK-1
- Upper Campus: 2-5
- Lower Campus: 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Upper Campus: 8:40 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
- Experienced French-native and French-speaking staff offer students the opportunity to become bilingual by learning how to speak, read, write and understand the French language.
- Students in grades PreK-1 receive instruction in French 100 percent of the time; grades 2-5 receive 50 minutes of English instruction and the rest in French.
- After completing grade 5, students can continue French studies through our middle and high school pathways at Ramsey Middle School and Central Senior High.
- Native French educator interns teach students about French culture and language.
- Students participate in physical education, science, music, library and technology educational opportunities.
- Partnerships with community organizations and the French Embassy allow students to participate in science, theater and dance experiences, all taught in French.
- Pre-K (full-day)**
- Discovery Club (on-site)
- Extended Day for Learning (EDL)*
- Community Education afterschool programs (fee-based)
* Upper Campus
- Lower Campus: 1305 Prosperity Ave.
- Upper Campus: 1760 Ames Place
Transportation Area: A-F
L’Etoile du Nord → Ramsey Middle → Central Senior