Riverview West Side School of Excellence (PreK-5)
Community School: Area D
Regional Magnet: Spanish/English Dual Language Immersion
Hours: 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Our building offers full technology upgrades, spacious classrooms, and beautiful, large windows with light-filled learning spaces
- Two program options are available: a Spanish-English Immersion program and a Community program taught in English.
- Both programs use thematic units of study that support students in making connections across content areas and languages.
- Our Spanish-English Dual Language program prepares both native-English and native-Spanish speakers to be proficient in both languages. Our goal is for students to read, write, listen and speak in both English and Spanish by the end of 5th grade.
- Social-Emotional Learning is part of the curriculum. Students learn skills needed to resolve conflict, express emotions and self-regulate. Restorative Practices are used to build community and repair harm.
- Additionally, we provide opportunities for students to learn about one another, their cultures and learn how to interact with people that are different from themselves.
- Students in grades PreK-5 have enrichment classes in science, music and physical education. Students in 3rd-5th are able to take violin, viola or cello lessons from the Greater Twin Cities Youth Symphonies on site.
- Community partners join us all year through additional weekly music classes from MacPhail Center for Music (PreK-2nd), artist residencies with the Ordway Theatre and others.
- Before-school activities include academic support, chess, Lego League and band.
- Uniforms are required.
- Pre-K (full-day English and full-day dual language)
- Discovery Club (off-site)
- Extended Day for Learning (EDL)
Address: 160 Isabel St. E.
Transportation Area: B, D, F
- Community School (Area D): Riverview → Humboldt High School (6-12)
- Spanish/English Dual Language (Area B, D, F): Riverview → Highland Park Middle → Highland Park Senior