Wellstone Elementary (PreK-5)
Regional Magnet: Spanish/English Dual Language
District Magnet: BioSMART
Hours: 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Our historic building, named for the late Senator Paul Wellstone and his wife Sheila, offers students and families a beautiful, sunlit atrium with a full science lab, discovery science zone and library with reading materials in both English and Spanish.
- In the Spanish dual language immersion program, students learn to read, write, speak and listen in Spanish and English.
- Our goal is to develop students to be critical thinkers, become proficient in Spanish and English, develop a global perspective and gain an understanding of other cultures. Other opportunities include student leadership, art, dance, and physical education.
- Our BioSmart program offers students and families a beautiful science lab and an interactive discovery room.
- In grades K-2, science and social studies are integrated into literacy (reading and writing) workshops.
- In grades 3-5, we emphasize creative and critical thinking with students applying what they have learned to real-world problems.
- Pre-K (full day)
- Discovery Club (fee-based/off-site)
- Extended Day for Learning (EDL)
Address: 1041 Marion St.
Transportation Area: A-F
- Spanish/English Dual Language (Area A, C, E): Wellstone → Highland Park Middle → Highland Park Senior
- BioSMART (Area A-F): Wellstone → Washington Technology (6-12)