Parkway Montessori Middle School (6-8)
District Magnet: Montessori
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Instruction is based on guiding each child to discover their strengths, needs, likes and learning styles within the Montessori philosophy.
- Mixed-grade, community-aligned classrooms help students stay engaged, build relationships, and feel welcomed.
- Restorative Practices create a way of being--a mindset that truly places students at the center of all we believe and do through community circles, thoughtful Thursdays, WEB, and a focus on repairing relationships.
- A range of electives that expand upon student interests in social studies, science and English language arts, along with physical education, health and music courses.
- A connection to nature is prioritized, with a community garden, outdoor classroom spaces, an open-air courtyard, and proximity to Penny Park, an urban forest.
- Block scheduling provides students with large chunks of time to get into learning while preserving access to exciting elective classes.
- Music (Piano, Guitar, Band, Orchestra)
- Where Everybody Belongs (WEB)
- Extended Day for Learning (EDL)
Address: 1363 Bush Ave.
Transportation Area: A-F1/F2
Parkway Montessori → Your Community High School