Washington Technology (6-12)
Community School: Area C
Regional Magnet: Hmong Language and Culture
District Magnet: BioSMART
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Our incredible students earn more than 2,000 college credits each year and receive college preparation beginning in grade 6.
- As a technology magnet school, we prepare students to be ready for high-tech, high-demand careers of the future.
- Students use technology that includes sophisticated microscopes and robotics.
- In the state’s largest extended day program, every student has an extra hour each day for academic or enrichment activity, including world languages, competitive athletics and computer programming.
- Students learn in teams in specially designed “house” areas of the school.
- Washington is a BioSMART school – which stands for biological science, math, academic rigor and technology – where students select one of two pathways in biomedical science or engineering.
- Language Academy
- World Languages: Chinese, French, Hmong, Spanish
- Extended Day for Learning (EDL)
- Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) - Navy
- University of Minnesota courses
- Saint Paul College courses
Address: 1495 Rice St.
- Community School (grades 6-12): Area C
- Advanced Placement (grades 9-12): Area C
- Hmong Language and Culture (grades 6-12): C-West, D, E, F1/F2
- BioSMART (grades 6-12): A-F1/F2