Grades 5-8 Summer Session
Journey to Discovery
Students receive academic support, develop leadership skills, and discover new talents and interests through enrichment activities. Students in grade 5 learn skills to prepare for their transition to middle school. Students in grades 6-8 choose electives to enhance their summer learning. Enrichment and elective courses include: agriculture, art/design, environmental geography, digital photo/video production, coding, various music options (band & string instruments, guitar/ukulele, piano/keyboard, GarageBand, drums), theater, robotics and physical education.
Program Dates: June 21-July 29 (no program Monday, July 5)
- Murray Middle School (Grades 5 & 6)
- Highland Park Senior (Grades 7 & 8)
Hours: 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Transportation Area: Area A-F1/F2
Have fun learning and practicing your instrument or music class of choice during summer session!
Students may choose more than one music elective.
Eligible students are:
- Interested in beginning or continuing instrument instruction (band, string)
- Other Classes offered are Piano, Guitar/Ukulele, and Digital Music (GarageBand)
- Currently in grades 5-8
- Able to attend full day of summer session
- Method books (students should bring Standard of Excellence book if they have one)
- Transportation for eligible students
- Breakfast and lunch at no cost
Grades 5-6: Murray Middle School, 2200 Buford Ave, St Paul, MN 55108
Grades 7-8: Highland Park Senior High School, 1015 S. Snelling Ave., Saint Paul, MN 55116
Current SPPS families: Register online using your OneStop Username and Password to log in to Campus Parent. Once logged in, select “Summer Registration (K-8).”
Non-SPPS families: Download, complete and return an application by mail or in-person to: Summer Registration, Student Placement Center, Saint Paul Public Schools, 2102 University Ave. W., Saint Paul, MN 55114.
For more information, visit the How to Register page.
Murray Middle School
2200 Buford Ave., Saint Paul
Highland Park Senior
1015 S. Snelling Ave., Saint Paul