Education Director: Joshua Leonard
Belwin Outdoor Science
Attn: Joshua Leonard
1553 Stagecoach Tr. S
Afton, MN 55001
1. Go east on Interstate 94 to Hwy. 95 S./Manning Ave. exit #253.
2. Go south (right), and turn left (east) at the lights, Hudson Rd S.
3. Go east 3.2 miles to the stop sign at Co. Rd. 21, (Stagecoach Trail S).
4. Turn right and go south on CR 21 for 1.9 miles.
5. Watch for the Belwin address, “1553 and 1557”, by a gravel driveway on the LEFT-hand (east) side of the road (located between the intersections of Indian Trail and 15th Street S., both of which go to the right (west), and just before crossing a creek).
6. Turn left into the gravel driveway and drive straight, past an off shoot to the right (that goes up a small hill to the BELWIN Property Headquarters and Maintenance Building).
7. To get to Belwin Outdoor Science (at Belwin Center), turn left a short distance further, where the road forks (or see #10 below), and STOP AT THE GATE.
8. Use the telephone (inside the yellow box attached to the left-hand gate post). Picking up the receiver automatically rings the office for you to:
1) notify us of your arrival, and
2) learn if the single lane road is clear for you to proceed. (If you still meet another vehicle, there are several pullouts.)
9. Proceed up the hill to the parking lot and walk to the building. If this is physically difficult, please drive the remaining distance and park at the building.
10. To get to the Bulrush Slough Classroom / Special Education Program,go straight ahead at the driveway fork (step #7 above) and STAY TO THE RIGHT along the pond. Stop at the stop sign by the classroom and wait for someone to meet you.