Principal Licensure Cohort
Join us for a cohort hosted by St. Paul Public Schools-specifically developed for aspiring principals who want the superior quality of a University of Minnesota program, coupled with the convenience of off-campus locations and the value of reduced tuition costs!
The University of Minnesota program is approved by the Minnesota Department of Education to meet the licensure requirements for a Minnesota K-12 principal in both public and private school settings. Our curriculum features project-based learning throughout the program to ensure an experience rich with authentic practice.
As a cohort participant you will earn graduate credits in just 18 months and at a significantly reduced cost. Twenty-three credits, for example, would cost an approximately, $7,705 - a savings of over $5,950 when compared to regular tuition and fees!
Key Competencies and Areas of Study
- Leadership and Vision
- School Culture
- Management for Learning Environments
- Collaboration and Community
- Integrity and Ethics
- Political, Social, Economic, Legal, and Cultural Contexts of Education
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- District approval of application.
- A completed Licensing and Leadership (Development for Educational Administrators online application form, available at http://www.cehd.umn.edu/olpd/grad-programs/Adm-Licensure/apply.html)
- Supplemental materials (upload with online application):
- An Application Supplement
- A transcript for each institution attended beyond your (first) bachelor’s degree.
- A 1-2 page, double-spaced essay on a current topic of education that you want to significantly impact as a licensed administrator.Payment of $550.00 program fee, payable to the University of Minnesota and sent to:
330 Wulling Hall
86 Pleasant Street SE
Minneapolis MN 55455
Submit application by July 15, 2013