Middle School Health & PE Department
Physical Education and Health Mission
A developmentally appropriate and comprehensive experience in Health and Physical Education is essential in meeting the diverse wellness needs of all students. A quality Health and Physical Education program will foster the personal growth and development of the six areas of health/wellness.
- Mental Wellness
- Emotional Wellness
- Physical Wellness
- Social Wellness
- Environmental Wellness
- Spiritual Wellness
Physical Education and Health
The goals of Saint Paul Public Schools
Health and Physical Education
- Promote the development of happy, healthy, productive, and successful members of society.
- Provide a developmentally appropriate and comprehensive experience through access to a variety of physical activities.
- Provide Health and Physical Education licensed staff that implement quality instruction at all levels.
- Promote a holistic approach to education of the whole child.
- Recognize that participation in Health and Physical Education can encourage understanding and appreciation of diversity.
- Provide for the development of essential fundamental motor skills.
- Promote the acquisition of skills and beliefs needed to pursue a lifetime of involvement in physical activity and positive decision-making.
- Promote an understanding of the relationship between physical, social, mental/emotional, spiritual and environmental health/wellness.
- Increase awareness of healthy decision making and the impact in our schools, community and society.
- Provide an environment which is safe and conducive to self-expression, enjoyment and creativity.
- Foster and grow community partnerships with a goal of health promotion in our schools and community.
- Promote the relationship between Health and Physical Education using an interdisciplinary approach to instruction.