At Farnsworth we are known for taking giant leaps. Our kids travel to the source of their inspiration.
We believe that the earlier a student experiences applying science, technology, engineering, aerospace and math, the more interest they take in those subjects throughout life. These opportunities expands their imagination and builds confidence as they engage in hands-on problem solving and teamwork skills with their peers.
We have experiences that take place overnight, on the weekend, and during the school day. Students are Farnsworth Lower have many opportunities throughout the school year to learn about STEAM, all while still learning the SPPS adopted curriculum in literacy and math.
Our STEAM Extended Learning Experiences begin in Kindergarten.
Kindergarten(*one parent/guardian must accompany their child)
- SeaLife Overnight at the Mall of America
First Grade (*one parent/guardian must accompany their child)
- Rochester, MN Quarry Hill Nature Center Day Trip
Second/Third Grade (*one parent/guardian must accompany their child)
- Sparta, WI Deke Slayton Space Museum Day Trip (2024-25 school year)
- Omaha, NE Strategic Air & Space Museum & Omaha Zoo Overnight (2025-26 school year)
Fourth Grade (*students attend with staff)
- Oshkosh, WI EAA Aviation Camp (May) Overnight (2 nights, 3 days)