At Farnsworth we are known for taking giant leaps. Our kids travel to the source of their inspiration.
We believe that the earlier a student experiences applying math and science, the more interest they take in those subjects throughout life. Travel opens their minds to the possibilities of what an education can bring to their lives. It expands their imagination and builds confidence as they engage in hands-on problem solving and teamwork with their peers.
Naturally, we have high standards to qualify for these out-of-this-world field trips. Exemplary behavior in class and all assignments completed are two of the main criteria. Cost is never a barrier at Farnsworth either. These trips are an incentive to do well and an opportunity to expand your child's horizons.
Our STEAM Field Experiences begin in Kindergarten.
Kindergarten/First Grade (*one parent/guardian must accompany their child)
- SeaLife Overnight at the Mall of America (2022-23 school year)
- MN Zoo Overnight (2023-24 school year)
Second/Third Grade (*one parent/guardian must accompany their child)
- Sheboygan, WI Aviation Heritage Center & Bookworm Gardens Overnight (2022-23 school year)
- Omaha, NE Strategic Air & Space Museum & Omaha Zoo Overnight (2023-24 school year)
Fourth Grade (students attend with staff)
- Oshkosh, WI EAA Aviation Camp (May 2023)