Welcome to the Office of Teaching and Learning
The Office of Teaching and Learning (OTL) is responsible for transforming instructional practices through personalized learning in order to eliminate racially predictable disparities in achievement and accelerate the achievement of all students. To meet each student’s needs, we provide research and evidence-based curriculum, resources and professional development for our staff, schools and programs that are aligned to state and national standards.
How We Support
- Respond to staff needs regarding the work of OTL, SPPS Initiatives & Partnerships.
- Collaborate with district departments and teacher leaders to provide foundational, connected, focused, and targeted professional development.
- Facilitate monthly content leads’ directly and indirectly to build site capacity through a train-the-trainer model and support SCIP goal achievement.
- Provide a variety of professional development options including daytime, after school, Saturday, face-to-face, blended, online, and practicum-based sessions.
- Emphasize evidence-based instructional practices and pedagogy including unwrapping, sequencing, and progress monitoring of standards to inform unit and lesson planning.
- Promote and support teacher leadership.
- Click here for the OTL Staff Directory.
- Respond to administrator needs regarding the work of OTL, SPPS Initiatives & Partnerships.
- Provide targeted support to identified schools.
- Collaborate with school improvement & vertical teams to support building leadership teams toward achieving their building SCIP goals.
- Provide specialized professional development sessions focused on content coaching, teacher leadership, and instructional leadership.
- Respond to district leaders’ needs regarding the work of OTL, SPPS Initiatives & Partnerships.
- Provide research and evidence-based curriculum, resources and instructional practices that lead to the elimination of the racial predictability of our students’ academic and social success as the WHY.
- Support, model and promote personalized learning as the HOW.
- Align curriculum to assure students are college and career ready as the WHAT.