Welcome to the Media Center
At Galtier we encourage lifelong learning -- and developing a love of reading is a part of that process.
Our media center/library, located in the heart of the school, houses a collection of 6,000 books available for students' browsing and reading enjoyment.
Classes schedule visits to the library once a week for book check-out. Students may make additional stops as needed for research and special projects.
We ask students to use respect, responsibility and safety when using the library.
Below are our expectations and guidelines:
- Books may be checked out for 2 weeks at a time
- Books may be renewed
- Overdue notices will be sent home for books that are not returned
- Books that are lost or damaged will be assessed a fine
Students may lose their privileges for the week if expectations are not followed. Parents may check the Parent Portal to see what books are checked out or to see accumulated fines.
How many books can I check out at a time?
- PreK - 1st grade students may check out 1 book
- 2nd - 5th grade may check out 2 books
Check out the link to our catalog here to start searching for books! Make sure to click on Galtier Elementary once you're there.