Benjamin E. Mays IB World School supports reading at home. The resources in this section will:
- Help you understand what a Reading Level is
- Provide book lists
- Give strategies for developing comprehension
Remember read, read, read - 20 minutes a day outside of school is the goal.
Questions to Ask About
- What do you predict the story will be about? Explain your prediction.
- What is the setting of the story?
- Who are the main characters?
- What is the problem/solution in the story?
- What is a connection you can make to this story?
- If you could change the ending, would you? Why or why not?
- Who is your favorite character and why?
- What was the author's purpose for writing this story?
- What makes this a non-fiction text?
- What are 3 non-fiction text features that you can find?
- What are 3 facts you learned from the text?
- How did the photos/captions help you understand?
- What questions would you ask the author if you were able to sit down with him/her?
Student Reading Levels -- This chart lets parents and students know what grade level they are performing at.