School Social Workers
Como Park Senior High School's Licensed School Social Workers aim to help students progress socially, emotionally, and academically. Here is how they spend most of their time:
- Providing one on one, group, and family social work services.
- Consulting with parents, teachers, and administrators to develop intervention strategies to enhance school success.
- Assisting in resolving truancy concerns.
- Serving students in Special Education.
- Identifying, mobilizing, and coordinating family, school, and community resources to enable students to receive maximum benefits from their educational program.
- Facilitating problem-solving meetings between different groups of people: school, parents, students, athletes, etc.
- Providing crisis intervention for students, parents, and staff.
- Providing consultation to school personnel regarding home, neighborhood, and community conditions affecting student well being.
- Consulting and collaborating with community agencies and other mental health professionals to coordinate services.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary teams (i.e.; SAT, child study, PPC).
- Other duties as assigned (GSA, testing, hall/cafeteria duty, etc.).
Gail Grogan Pedersen
She primarily works with students and families on attendance issues.
She primarily works with students who have IEPs.
He primarily works with students who have IEPs.