School Social Workers
Como Park Senior High School's Licensed School Social Workers aim to help students progress socially, emotionally, and academically. Here is how they spend most of their time:
- Providing one on one, group, and family social work services.
- Consulting with parents, teachers, and administrators to develop intervention strategies to enhance school success.
- Assisting in resolving truancy concerns.
- Serving students in Special Education.
- Identifying, mobilizing, and coordinating family, school, and community resources to enable students to receive maximum benefits from their educational program.
- Facilitating problem-solving meetings between different groups of people: school, parents, students, athletes, etc.
- Providing crisis intervention for students, parents, and staff.
- Providing consultation to school personnel regarding home, neighborhood, and community conditions affecting student well being.
- Consulting and collaborating with community agencies and other mental health professionals to coordinate services.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary teams (i.e.; SAT, child study, PPC).
- Other duties as assigned (GSA, testing, hall/cafeteria duty, etc.).