These are the graduation requirements for all students in Saint Paul Public Schools.
Subject Specific Requirements:
- English: 4 years (16 credits)
- Social Studies: 3.5 years (14 credits)
- Science: 3 years, one year must be Biology, one year of either Chemistry or Physics (12 credits)
- Mathematics: 3 years, must complete through Algebra 2/Trigonometry (12 credits)
- Fine Arts: 1 year (4 credits)
- Physical Education: .5 year (2 credits)
- Health: .5 year (2 credits)
- FACS/Tech: .5 year (2 credits)
- Electives: Any class above and beyond the minimum requirement, like a fourth year of science, counts as elective credits. Students need to take as many elective credits that are needed to reach their total credit requirement (see below).
- Total Credit Requirement:
- Class of 2017 and beyond - 94 credits
State Testing Requirements:
Because of changes in state law, Saint Paul Public School students first enrolled in Grade 8 in 2012-2013 and Later must be provided the opportunity to participate in a district-provided college entrance exam in grade 11 or grade 12
For more information on state mandated testing see the Minnesota Department of Education website.