How do I join NHS?
Highland Park's Requirements for becoming a member of NHS are as follows:
- Students apply in their sophomore or junior year, when sent an invitation based on their cumulative GPA at end of 1st semester
- Academic achievement, cumulative GPA of at least a 3.75
- A resume that demonstrates characteristics of leadership, scholarship, andservice in school and in your community. The resume should includeachievements primarily from the previous two years (freshman andsophomore years).
- An essay about a service project that you have participated in or aservice project that you would like to pursue through NHS.
- Three teacher/advisor/coach/volunteer coordinator recommendations,one from each of the following areas: academic, community service, andextra-curricular activities.
Application are submitted in the Spring.
Contact faculty advisors if you have any questions.