School Resource Officer (SRO)
Cortez Hull - School Resource Officer
WELCOME to the School Resource Officer (SRO) web page for Highland Park Senior High School. The SRO is a police officer with the Saint Paul Police Department who is assigned to the school district.
About Officer Cortez Hull
My job as a SRO is to enforce the state laws within the school, work with students, staff and administration, in an effort to enhance safety in and around the school. My goal is to build a bond between students, staff and administration, by day-to-day informal contact. I assist the school as needed, anything from safety lectures, to anti bullying assemblies, crime prevention issues, or any other concerns that may arise during the school day. Too often the interactions between the police and the general public are during times of problems or despair. By allowing me to be at the school, students have the opportunity to use me as a resource and assist in an early form of prevention and build a positive bond between the police and the community.
Questions or concerns?
Officer Cortez Hull
School Resource Officer
651.744.3911 (office at Highland Senior High School)
Listed below are some of my favorite web pages:
- www.netsmartz.org Informative website where you can choose an issue to learn more about the potential risks: Blogging, cell phones, children as victims, Cyberbulling, e-mail, IM, Chatrooms, Gaming, Innappropriate Content, Internet Safety, Predators, Revealing too much, Sexting, Social Networking, and Webcams.
- www.netsmartz411.org NetSmartz411 is parents' and guardians' premier, online resource for answering questions about Internet safety, computers, and the Web.
- www.missingkids.com National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- www.crimestoppersmn.org How to report a crime and be anonymous
- www.testmyteen.com Do you KNOW your teen isn’t using or are you blinded by love? A counselor approved home drug testing program can protect your family either way. This site is a parent resource page that will answer many unanswered question for you
Here is a parent resource page that will answer many unanswered question for you.
YSB works with the parent and youth to:
-Understand circumstances leading to the poor choices.
-Learn from the consequences
-Move forward to making better choices
This is an excellent resource for parents who don’t know where to turn when their children are in trouble. YSB provides a wide range of resources for parents and youth.
Saint Paul City Curfew for Juveniles:
Age 15 or younger home by 10 p.m., daily
Age 16-17 home by 12 a.m. midnight, daily