ELL Level 2 History (High School)
Overarching ELL Standards for Every Unit:
WIDA ELP Standard #1: ELL students will communicate for Social and Instructional purposes within the school setting.
WIDA ELP Standard #5: ELL students will communicate information, ideas, and concepts necessary for academic success in the content of Social Studies
Overarching Common Core Language Standards for Every Unit:
Conventions of Standard English:
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
Knowledge of Language:
- Apply knowledge of language to understand how language functions in different contexts, to make effective choices for meaning or style, and to comprehend more fully when reading or listening.
Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- Determine and clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple meaning words and phrases by using context clues, analyzing meaningful word parts, and consulting general and specialized reference materials, as appropriate.
- Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
- Acquire and use accurately a range of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases sufficient for reading, writing, speaking, and listening at the college and career readiness level; demonstrate independence in gathering vocabulary knowledge when encountering and unknown term important to comprehension or expression