Cell Biology: (9th Grade)
Welcome to the cell biology website. This website will include power points and helpful study tools. Use it to keep up with the work of the class. Remember that summative assignments count for 80% of the grade and must be completed in order to pass the class.
Look at the calendar on the side to see all assignments and due dates.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the notes for each unit. Click on the unit we are studying.
VIRTUAL BACTERIA LAB LINK:
Cell Bio Calendar
If you have a Missing or a 0 on a Summative Assignment, you CANNOT pass the class. Be sure to make these up within 2 weeks of the original date.
Cell Biology Grading Policy
(20% of the total grade)
* Designed to help you learn the material
* Cannot be turned in late.
* Must be completed and put in your notebook.
(80% of the total grade)
* Designed to see how well you have mastered the standards
* You will receive an automatic “N” for the class if you have not passed all of your summative assignments.
* Can be made-up or redone within a two week period for a higher grade.
* After two weeks, the highest grade you can earn is a “1.”
* Test retakes will be different and more challenging. It is best to study for the first test.
* No late assignments will be accepted during the last week of the grading period.
Interactive Science Notebooks
(part of the summative assessment grade)
Here is what the teachers will be looking for:
* Organization (Table of contents and/or dividers for units)
* All work is completed and organized in the notebook
* Daily learning goals or questions are recorded and addressed in summaries
* Summaries show evidence of what you LEARNED
* Evidence of at least one study format (highlighting/Qs/flashcards/notecards)