Resources for Families
1) Boys and Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities - afterschoolactivities and homework help for a nominal fee. The East SideClub can be reached at 651-774-5654, Mt. Airy at 651-221-0330 and WestSide at 651-222-2212.
2) Circle of Parents - Groups for parents to share ideas andsupport that address the challenges of parenting. The groups meeton a weekly basis. They are free and open to all parents. 651-523-0099.
3) Parenting Info Line - Over 150 messages aboutparenting. Topics include Homework, TV Watching, PreventingMisbehavior and much, much more. To order a catalog call612-624-2200 press 100 for English, 200 for Spanish and 600 for Hmong.
4) Keystone Community Services - Foodshelves, Family Centers,Supportive Services, School-Age programs and other services forfamilies living in the North End and Midway Areas of St. Paul. 651-645-0349
5) Learning Disabilities Association of Minnesota - LDAprovides tutoring and other services for children with LearningDisabilities. Call the LDA Linkage Line for assistance. 952-922-8374
6) Saint Paul Public Libraries - SPPL offer services such Summer Reading Programs, Homework Help Centers and Free Family Activities. 651-266-7034
7) Ramsey Action Program - Offers programs for families workingon becoming more self-sufficient. They include the Ways to WorkFamily Loan Program, the Family Assets for Independence in Minnesotaprogram, and Project Success. 651-645-6445. RAP also hasEnergy Assistance Programs.