Our students are special: they come to our schools from all over the world and bring new perspectives and ideas to classrooms. To support students as they learn and grow, we provide an array of activities and resources.
We have many programs and services dedicated to helping student reach their potential.
- Area Learning Centers (ALC) The Saint Paul Area Learning Center (ALC) is a nationally recognized model for providing educational services leading to high school diploma.
- AVID-Advancement Via Individual Determination is a fourth-through twelfth-grade system available at some schools in the District to help prepare students in the academic middle for four-year college eligibility.
- American Indian Education Program assists American Indian students in graduating from high school with aquality education and positive cultural and personal identity.
- Homework Help is provided through the Saint Paul Public Library through reading tutors and learning resources.
- Service-Learning Resource Program focuses on deepening students learning experience through community and civic involvement.
- The Six Year Plan helps students begin planning for life after high school.
- iGrad is a resource to help students prepare for the Graduation-Required Assessments for Diploma (GRAD) Test needed for graduation.
- Other Enrichment Programs are also provided to help students succeed in high school, college and career.
Media Literacy Tools
- K-6 Research Internet links
- Multimedia tools
Social/Emotional and Health Support
- Counseling and Guidance can help students choose classes, prepare for college or work out a problem; counselors are always available to help.
- Out for Equity helps create supportive GLBT school environments for students, families and staff.
- Student Wellness helps students when they are feeling sick.
- The Special Education Department recognizes and supports the importance of individualizing the educational experience to meet the unique needs of each student.
- Other Student Support Programs are also provided to help students succeed in high school, college and career.