At Saint Paul Public Schools (SPPS), our mission is both bold and simple: to inspire students to think critically, pursue their dreams and change the world.
SPPS is Minnesota's second-largest school district, educating over 33,000 students across 69 schools. Highly trained and deeply dedicated staff, cutting-edge academic programs, and strong community support are among the district’s hallmarks. Our students speak more than 110 languages, sharing their ideas and cultures with their classmates and teachers every single day.
- Achievement: Fostering academic success by taking action to increase student achievement through challenging and collaborative learning.
- Communications: Engaging with sincerity and honesty by using language that can be understood by all.
- Continuous Improvement: Pursuing excellence by identifying and strengthening what is working well and being flexible to change what is not.
- Collaboration: Working together in a respectful manner that values and honors families, staff, students and the community.
- Accountability: Holding ourselves to high standards for the outcomes of student achievement and operational, instructional and fiscal performance.
- Inclusive Culture: Embracing each individual’s culture, race, ethnicity, ability and identity.
Picking the best school for your child is one of the hardest decisions a parent has to make. At SPPS, we have the right school for your child to meet their full potential. Families love our community schools, where many students live in the neighborhood and enjoy walking or biking to school with their friends. Our magnet schools are a great choice for families who want a specialized school experience. Our magnet options include language immersion in Spanish, French, Mandarin and Hmong; International Baccalaureate (IB); gifted and talented; aerospace and engineering; polytechnic; music and visual arts; STEM and more.
Use the School Finder at spps.org/apply to see which schools serve your Area (A-F1/F2).
- Elementary Schools
- Middle Schools
- High Schools
- Non-Traditional High Schools
- Special Education Schools/Programs
- SPPS Online School
Full Day Pre-Kindergarten
From the first day of Pre-K, we strive to make your child’s introduction to elementary school easy and fun. Our Pre-K program offers foundational skills in reading, writing and math; social-emotional development; family education and support; dual language programs in French, Hmong and Spanish; and small class sizes.
English Learner (EL) Programs
Saint Paul Public Schools provides English language development and education for students whose home language is not English (approximately 30 percent of SPPS students).
Special Education Services
Students with disabilities deserve the same school experience as their peers in general education/traditional classrooms. SPPS also has dedicated special education programs that provide support and services for students with needs that may not be met in traditional school settings.
Our students have access to an array of services and enrichment opportunities during, before and after school. From special education and English learner services to extracurricular activities including athletics, art, music, technology, world languages and much more, your child will have every opportunity to find their path to success.
- Discovery Club: Before and After School Childcare
- Extended Day Learning (EDL)
College and Career Readiness
Students can participate in dual credit options, career and technical education, and rigorous course work leading to college credit, certification, and/or industry credentials. Students in our Career Pathway program explore high-demand, high-wage careers that match their skills and interests.
Apply to Saint Paul Public Schools
Picking the best school for your child is one of the hardest decisions a parent has to make. At SPPS, we have the right school for your child to meet their full potential. When you're ready to enroll your student in SPPS, our Student Placement Center staff is available to help. They can help answer your questions and make sure you’re ready to fill out your application. For more information, visit apply.spps.org.