Welcome to Purchasing and Contract Services
Purchasing and Contract Services balances a number of functions:
- Compliance with relevant state and federal laws and board policies.
- Assists in purchases of goods and services in support of the strategic plan.
- Mitigate risk to the district.
- Promote fairness and provide competitive opportunities to vendors.
- Maintain the public trust that
Contracts and purchases are managed according to city, state, and federal laws and regulations. The department actively seeks to contract with small businesses, women-owned businesses, and minority-owned businesses in an effort to eliminate systemic disparities.
Purchasing & Contract Services Mission Statement
The Mission of Saint Paul Public Schools Purchasing & Contract Services Department is to manage all purchases and contracts in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. To support the schools and administrative departments by procuring quality goods and services in a proactive, efficient, professional and ethical manner; striving to receive the maximum benefit/value for the tax payer’s dollar while ensuring that the District’s Racial Equity Policy, to eliminate systemic disparities is recognized in each interaction.