WHAT IS A P-CARD?
A P-Card, or purchasing card, is essentially a credit card used by district employees to make approved purchases under $3,500 for schools and $5,000 for departments (supervisors can set lower single transaction and monthly limits than the maximum allowed). P-Cards are assigned to individual employees, not programs, buildings or departments, and are the sole responsibility of that employee.
P-Cards allow employees to place orders directly with suppliers, streamlining the purchasing process at the program, school, or department-level. They can be used where Visa is accepted, with some exceptions.
To obtain a P-Card you must complete a course prior to submitting an application form.
For more on P-Card procedures and a list of acceptable and unacceptable purchases. see the Business and Financial Affairs procedure for P-Cards.
- Dispute Form
- Lost or Stolen P-Card
- P-Card Holder's Manual
- P-Card Log
- Reconciliation and Documentation Checklist
- US Bank Access Online Instructions
P-CARD TRAINING AND APPLICATION
You must have an employee Schoology account to complete the P-Card course. Schoology uses your active directory login credentials.
To request an employee Schoology account contact the Technology Services help desk (651/603-HELP) or submit a service ticket.
To enroll in the course in Schoology
- Login to Schoology
- Click Courses
- Click My Courses
- Click Join a Course
- Type or paste in the access code: GKKD-P5V6-PTGKD
- Click Join
P-Card Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions have been broken down into categories. You may also use find command (ctrl+F or command+F) to search for a keyword.
- As a new team lead, I need a P-Card. How can I set up training?
- How can I find out what my spend limits are on my P-Card?
- How do I apply for a P-Card?
- How do I increase the monthly limit on my P-Card?
- How will I receive my new P-Card (do I need to pick it up from Purchasing)?
- I filled out my application, when can I get my P-Card?
- My application is complete and signed off by all parties. How do I get it to Purchasing?
- What are the spending limits on a P-Card?
- What is a P-Card?
- Who can use a P-Card?
- I'm having trouble navigating US Bank Access Online. What's wrong?
- I'm not getting email notification that my statement is ready. How do I fix this?
- To activate my card, I was asked for the last four digits of my SSN. Is this right?
- US Bank Access Online won't take my password. How can I get this fixed?
- What number should I use for P-Card customer service at US Bank?
- Why is there no statement available on the Account Information page?
- How do I dispute a charge?
- I forgot to tell the cashier at Target that this was a tax-exempt transaction. What should I do?
- I have never seen "Referred" come up in my statement. What does this mean?
- I tried using my P-Card on a retail supplier's website, but it was not accepted. Why?
- My card was denied due to the expiration date, but the card isn't expired. What could be wrong?
- What is a Merchant Category Code (MCC)?
- Can I use my P-Card for Title I purchases?
- Can we put a hold on a P-Card if an employee will be out on extended leave?
- I need to return a P-Card purchase. Can I put the shipping charge on the P-Card?
- I transferred to a different school. What do I need to do to keep my P-Card valid?
- If a cardholder’s last name changes, how do we get their card changed?
- We voluntarily turned off a P-Card and want to reactivate it. Is this possible?
Last Modified on February 8, 2024