Employee Recognition Program
The Facilities Department's Formal Employee Recognition Program allows employees to nominate fellow employees or teams whose efforts and achievements go "above and beyond" by demonstrating the department's Key Performance Indicators and SPPS Values and by performing significantly beyond what is expected.
Nominations are reviewed and recipients selected by the Nominations Committee. Recipients are sent to the Facilities Department Leadership Team for final approval.
Final recipients are selected semi-annually and recognized at a Facilities Department gathering. Formal certificates of recognition and/or a traveling trophy are awarded.
FORMAL RECOGNITION NOMINATION CATEGORIES
Key Performance Indicators:
- Customer Service: Proactively provide optimal customer service.
- Quality Work: Provide quality products and services the first time, every time, and with efficient use of available resources at greatest value.
- Financial Stewardship: Relentlessly pursue the optimal use of funds through rigorous examination and reporting ensuring the highest level of accountability to our taxpayers.
- Employee Evaluation and Satisfaction: Empowered, capable, motivated, and valued employees working in teams to create superior support through thorough team training and periodic assessment.
- Public Perception: Display a positive, confident, competent demeanor when dealing with the general public. Strives to provide efficient use of resources and customer satisfaction while reducing or eliminating conflicts and disputes.
- Service Over Self: Measuring success by the success of our students.
- Embrace Change: Seeing change as opportunity to learn and grow.
- Courage: Doing things right and doing the right thing.
- Expect Excellence in All: Having high expectations for self and others that requires the highest quality work.
- Love, Learn, Lead: Caring enough to take effective actions and to change outcomes.
HOW TO NOMINATE A PERSON OR TEAM
You will be asked to do the following when submitting a nomination:
1) Explain why you are nominating this person/team;
2) Provide specific details and/or specific examples illustrating how the nominee/s put forth the extra effort in achieving excellence in the category named.
Please refrain from simply stating that the individual/team "is good at their job," "provides great service," and/or "goes above and beyond." Instead, use specific details, examples, stories, etc. that demonstrate how their actions have exceeded expectations.
2020 "TRAVELING TROPHY" WINNERS
Special Covid Awards: There were multiple winners of the 2020 Year-End Facilities Department Employee Recognition Traveling Trophy (COG Award) recognizing their excellent work during the Covid pandemic! The award winners were announced via a Facilities Department YouTube video awards presentation the week of December 21, 2020. The video was emceed by the Recognition Committee and several of the nominators.
Below are the winners in each category:
Category: Readiness Response
Amy Ennen, Project Manager
Angela Vreeland, Indoor Air Quality Coordinator
Jenna Hernandez, Facilities Department Assistant
Category: Work in the Trenches
Kevin Martinson, Custodial Engineer
Natalie Bandy, Environmental Specialist
Category: The Bridge Between
Matt Babou, Custodial Supervisor
Chelsea Moody, Environmental Specialist