Skip To Main Content

Toggle Close Container

Triggers Container

Toggle Schools Canvas

Toggle Site Info Canvas

Mobile Translate

Mobile Main Nav

Mobile Utility

Header Holder

Header Right Column

Header Right Top

Toggle Schools Canvas

Toggle Site Info Canvas


Utility Nav - Desktop

Header Right Bottom

Canvas Menus

District Canvas Menu


school & Program

Site Info Canvas


Get in Touch with

contact us

Saint Paul Public Schools, District 625
360 Colborne Street
Saint Paul


Get In Touch Navigation

Search Canvas

Horizontal Nav


403b and 457 Plans

TSA - Tax Sheltered Accounts (403b & 457)

If you decide to put aside additional money towards retirement, you have three companies to choose from. Your choices are:

Fidelity offers a 403(b) plan. (Plan #51224) You can work directly with Fidelity or reach out to EFS Advisors to assist you with setting up a Fidelity account. 

EFS Advisors can be reached at:  Phone #: (952) 466-1665  Email:  

Or you can connect with Fidelity directly at:
Phone #:  1 (800) 343-0860

VOYA (formerly ING) also offers a 403(b) plan. (Plan #666212)  VOYA Portal for SPPS Employees

Capital Street Financial Services assists employees with setting up a VOYA account. They can be reached at:
Phone #:  (651) 665-4300  Capital Street Website:

MN Deferred Comp offers a 457 plan. They also offer the option for after-tax deductions into a Roth 457 account. Please note that while MNDCP’s forms ask you to indicate a percentage of pay or dollar amount that you wish to contribute, the District can only accept dollar amounts. MNDCP can be reached at:
Phone #:  1-877-457-6466 or 651-284-7723  MNDCP General Information

Plan With Ease is not a provider, but a third party vendor SPPS works with to make it easier for retirees and former employees to manager their accounts,  request withdrawals, etc.   Information about Plan With Ease is listed on the menu at the right hand side of this page. 

To set up a new TSA account and start payroll deductions:

  1. Complete the account application for the investment company you choose. This application should be returned TO THE INVESTMENT COMPANY.
  2. IF YOU CHOSE FIDELITY OR VOYA, return the District’s Salary Reduction Agreement form to Payroll to start up the requested payroll deductions, and match amount if eligible. 
  3. IF YOU CHOSE MN DEFERRED COMP, they will send payroll a weekly report to let us know how much you wish to contribute. However, if you wish to participate in the District’s matching funds program, you will also need to complete the the District's separate match request form and send it to the payroll department. 

To CHANGE contributions for an existing TSA account that has active payroll deductions:

  1. For FIDELITY OR VOYA, complete a new Salary Reduction Agreement form and send to Payroll to modify payroll deductions, and match amount if eligible. 
  2. For MN DEFERRED COMP, contact MNDCP to request the change.  They will send payrolla weekly report to let us know the new amount(s).  To request an employer match, complete the appropriate match request form and send it to the payroll department.  

To request an EMPLOYER Match to existing payroll deductions when no match is currently set up:

  1. Review your union contract to determine whether or not you are eligible for a district match.  Eligibility and match amount is based on your collective bargaining agreement.
  2. For any plan (VOYA, FIDELITY, or MNDCP), complete a Match Request Form.   

NOTE: If you contribute to both a 403(b) plan and a 457(b) plan, your employer match will be applied to 403b contribution amounts first.  Employer contributions to a 403(b) are non-taxable.  Employer contributions to a 457(b) are FICA taxable.

To Request a distribution from your account(s), you can work directly with your investment provider, or through Plan With Ease.  Please note, other than qualifying hardship withdrawals or loans (where allowed), distributions can only be taken after separation of service from St Paul Public Schools.  403(b) and 457 plan savings are designed to help you set aside and invest money to be used when you retire.

FAQ about TSA Plans

Fidelity 403b Plan Document

457 Plan Document