The mission of the Innovation Office is to advance strategic thinking, planning and decision-making across Saint Paul Public Schools.
We provide the Saint Paul Public Schools community with comprehensive strategic planning, fund development, project management and grant oversight services and infrastructure to meet our organizational mission to inspire students to think critically, pursue their dreams and change the world.
Support the implementation and monitoring of strategically aligned initiatives
- Cultivate new financial and in-kind resources to achieve our district’s strategic vision
- Manage special projects for district departments within determined scope, timeline and budget
- Oversee school and department competitive grant execution to ensure compliance with funder, local, state and federal regulations
The Innovation Office is committed to leading with our values of active communication, curiosity, respect, innovation and integrity. These values guide how we engage with ourselves, each other and our clients.
Active Communication: We listen for understanding and are committed to strong follow up and follow through
- Curiosity: We embrace the unknown, lead with a desire to learn, and welcome new ideas and voices
- Respect: We acknowledge and affirm multiple perspectives and seek out those that are missing
- Innovation: We are dedicated to improvement and leveraging new and creative ways to achieve meaningful results
- Integrity: We hold ourselves and others accountable and assess our impact to expose where we may be causing harm
SPPS Achieves is Saint Paul Public Schools’ districtwide strategic plan that sets goals for student achievement, guides district decision-making, and focuses our efforts on long-term student outcomes. The Innovation Office oversees the success of SPPS Achieves through project management and monitoring.
SPPS received $207 million from the American Rescue Plan, the last installment of COVID-19 relief funding, to address student outcomes impacted by the pandemic. The Innovation Office monitors 75 strategic initiatives that positively impact student achievement, invest in mental health supports, and meet community needs post-COVID.
The Innovation Office has a team of exceptional project managers who plan, guide and monitor district special projects. By ensuring sustainable outcomes and alignment with the district’s strategic plan, the Innovation Office drives progress for academic advancement.
Grants and funding partners allow SPPS teachers and departments to take on fun, innovative projects that are not covered through our general fund. The Innovation Office guides staff through the entire grant process, from application to closeout, to ensure compliance with requirements and regulations.