6360 Taxi Cabs
6360 - Taxi Cabs
Taxis to Transport Families to School Related Activities (Adademic)
Object Code: 6360
Authorization: Annual authorization and monthly logs required
Green/White/Suburban Cab Company are the only Title I preferred providers for Title I Schools.
Taxis are used to transport families to and from school related activities. These activities may be conferences, meetings, parent involvement events etc. The purpose of the taxi is to remove a barrier that prevents parents/guardians from full participation in the academic life of their student(s).
Taxis may be used when there is no other means of transportation available (last resort). This understanding is important because at certain times of the day or month, the number of cabs available may be limited.
Taxis cabs may not be used to transport students to and from school, to the doctor, or for any reason due to their inability to get to school during the day. Taxi cabs are to be used to facilitate the participation of parents in their children’s education.
Authorized Users: Only the principal of the building and up to two other school personnel will be given account numbers. Please protect this number as Title I or the school is responsible for every trip charged to this account number. Never give the account number to a parent or community person or another staff person other than the authorized persons provided to Title I.
Each authorized user (the principal and two others) will each be given a personal identification code. This code must be entered into the online Title I cab log each time an event occurs. Do not use your personal district ID number.
- For each cab order (pickup and return), complete the Online Title I Taxi Monthly Log. We are billed monthly and must match each Green/White/Suburban Cab Company “trip ticket” with the information from the Online Title I Monthly Logs.
- Each entry must be made at the time of request. Taxi cab reports are pulled by the Title I office on the first work day of the following month. Cab entries not documented by that date will not be paid by Title I. Those charges will be assigned to the school’s general fund.
- Only authorized persons at the school will be able to order taxi cabs and enter taxi cab events into the system.
General Procedures – Ordering a Taxi Cab:
- Order taxis far enough in advance to have the best chance of securing services.
- If a taxi is called for a family and they no longer need the cab, it is the school’s responsibility to notify the cab company. There is a charge to the schools for an unused taxi. When there’s a “No Load”, the charge is $10 to be paid by the school.
- Provide families with contact information should any problems be encountered.
- Title I will pull the monthly taxi cab reports on the first day of each month. Undocumented taxicab events will be the responsibility of the school.
- Notify the Title I Program Assistant as soon as possible regarding any problems with cab service. (Lateness, no show, rudeness, safety concerns, etc.) Provide as much information as possible.
Documentation Procedure - Online Title I Monthly Cab Log:
- Click the link under the picture of the taxi cab.
- Click "add cab request" on the center of the web page.
- Enter assigned ID (Title I assigns these codes to authorized persons) regardless of cab company used.
- Select your site.
- Date defaults to date of entry and date of event. Enter the actual date of the cab request.
- Enter the pick-up time.
- Enter the passenger's name (Adult) and associated student (Student).
- Select Cab company defaults to Suburban/Green & White/Diamond
- Enter pick-up address and destination address.
- Select an event code.
Form: Online Monthly Title I Taxi Log:
Cab Personnel Identification Form