At Saint Paul Public Schools (SPPS), we share a common interest in providing the best possible educational experience for all of our students. To further that goal, SPPS has established four guiding values for negotiating contracts with our 26 employee labor groups.
Listening to and communicating with our students and employees.
Creating an inclusive school district in which every family, staff and community member would enroll their children.
Working within our budget while meeting financial obligations.
Promoting a culture that is focused on students, their growth and achievement.
- Competitive wages for all employees
- Meet state pay equity requirements
- Reduce the number of job classifications
- Flexibility in hiring and retention of diverse, high-quality talent
- Contract language that provides the ability for the district to be agile and adjust to the changing landscape and student needs
- Consistency in identified contract language to reduce administrative burden and facilitate equitable access to benefits across employee groups
- Transition to three-year agreements for non-licensed groups