Prospective Employees & Internships
SPPS School Counselors are:
- Educators who stand in the gap for students and families
- Authentically committed to urban education
- Leaders in their buildings, district, state, and nation
- Change agents
- Anti-racist activists and warriors for equity
- Collaborators and supporters - both professionally and personally
- Driven by data, research, and promising practices
- Creators of ASCA-aligned comprehensive school counseling programs
SPPS Counselors benefit from:
- A district that values school counseling
- A culture of rock star counselors that support one another to be their best
- A comprehensive ASCA K-12 counseling system
- A consistent core counseling curriculum districtwide
- A minimum of 3.5 hours per month of targeted counselor professional development
- Specific support from a lead counselor at each level
- Award winning colleagues
- Celebrating one another and having fun
Thank you very much for your interest in interning at Saint Paul Public Schools. All school counseling internship placements are determined through the Office of College and Career Readiness.
Please do not contact specific schools or school counselors in Saint Paul Public Schools directly. The Saint Paul Public Schools School Counseling Department works cooperatively with partnering graduate institutions to place school counseling graduate students.
Saint Paul Public School counselors have a partnership with Minnesota State University - Mankato and the University of Minnesota for practicum experience. At this time we do not take practicum students from other programs. Observation hours can be arranged directly with the building school counselor.