Positive Behavioral Intervention & Supports
A Framework for Every School
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a framework for schools to create and sustain positive, effective, and culturally-inclusive environments that support academic and social success for all students.
How It Works
School teams use the PBIS framework to design their own system of equitable behavioral support for all students. The emphasis is on preventing problem behavior, developing pro-social skills, and data-based problem solving for existing behavior concerns. It is not a curriculum or a program, it is a research-based framework that schools continually build upon and refine to meet the changing needs of their community.
- Identify goals and desired academic and social outcomes
- Establish and develop school-wide systems
- Select and implement evidence-based practices
- Collect and use data to guide decision-making
Tiers of PBIS
For More Information:
For more information on PBIS in Saint Paul Public Schools, contact our district PBIS Coordinator:
- Erin Metz (email@example.com)