Mission: Saint Paul Public Schools Genius Squads empower students to become leaders in a technology-rich environment.
Vision: Genius Squad students experience authentic learning and leadership opportunities that develop essential skills to ensure post-secondary success.
Genius Squads are savvy, student technology enthusiasts who are committed to leading, supporting and impacting the Digital Learning environment of Saint Paul Public Schools.
Genius Squad members participate in, lead, and assist with technology integration in a wide variety of ways at their respective schools.
These student tech leaders:
- Support device deployment including basic use training
- Student Handout events at schools
- Assist in troubleshooting and supporting before, during and after school Help Desk for students
- Provide professional development and support to peers and staff
- staff and student “appy hours” and “apps speed dating” sessions
- site-based lessons and ongoing support for digital citizenship
- Inform school and district policy and procedures
- test processes for Technology Services
- assist in development of digital citizenship course contents