Saint Paul Public Schools Library Services empowers students and staff to become enthusiastic readers, critical thinkers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information. To accomplish this, we:
- Provide resource-rich library environments that encourage curiosity and learning.
- Curate collections of a rich mix of resources that align with curriculum and student interests.
- Collaborate with teachers in instructional planning to support personalized learning.
- Offer engaging programs to connect students and staff with authors, partner organizations, and enrichment opportunities.
Library Services supports the SPPS Achieves Strategic Plan. Library Media Specialists are crucial school staff members in providing a well rounded education and preparing students for informed living in an information-rich society. Under the leadership of a library media specialist, the school library provides students access to resources and technology, connecting classroom learning to real-world events. By providing access to an array of well-managed resources, school libraries enable academic knowledge to be linked to deeper, personalized learning. The expanded learning environment of the school library ensures the unique interests and needs of individual students are met. In this way, effective school library programs prepare students for college, career, and community.
Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a Librarian can bring you back the right one.- Neil Gaiman
- What is a School Librarian or School Library Media Specialist?
- What Does a Fully Staffed Library Look LIke?
- How are SPPS School Libraries Staffed?
- How does the state of Minnesota define a school library?
- What is the evidence that School Libraries have a positive impact on student learning?
- How do librarians support digital learning and the district's 1:1 initiative?
- What do school library media specialists teach?