Welcome to School Counseling
School Counselors in Saint Paul Public Schools believe…
- Every student should have access to a premier and equitable educational experience.
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for college, other post-secondary education, and/or employment.
- The effectiveness of school counseling programs should be measurable through SMART goals using process, perception and outcome data.
- School counseling programs promote and support academic achievement, personal and social development, and career planning for every student.
- Management of a school counseling program must be done in collaboration with administrators.
Licensed School Counselors empower students and families to access their premier Saint Paul Public Schools education through:
- Academic support.
- Social emotional support.
- College & career readiness.
- All students are college and career ready.
- All students have the mindsets and behaviors needed to be successful.
- All students have advocacy skills.
- All students and families feel welcomed, respected and valued.
- All students have access to a Licensed School Counselor in their school.
Transcripts are issued through the Student Placement Center. If you have completed course work (seat based or online) and need to have your transcript sent to a Non-SPPS school for high school credit, please follow the instructions on the following link. https://www.spps.org/Page/20983.