Degrees and Certifications:
Hello! My name is Peggy Russell. I have been teaching physical education in St. Paul Schools since January of 1992. I have been teaching at Wellstone Elementary since the 2004-2005 school year. Wellstone is a wonderful group of students, families, and staff working together. It is a pleasure to teach here and be part of this community!
In Physical Education at Wellstone Elementary, students are working toward the standards through a large variety of games, sports, and challenges along with individual and group activities. Through participation students will:
- Improve motor skills and movement.
- Increase their knowledge and understanding of movement concepts, principles, and strategies.
- Be challenged to achieve and maintain higher levels of physical fitness.
- Practice respectful, responsible, and safe behaviors
- Learn that good nutrition and daily physical activity contribute to a healthy, enjoyable lifestyle.