Degrees and Certifications:
K -12 Physical Education UW River Falls
This web page has information about your child's Physical Education, and other Health and Fitness related topics
My name is Peggy Russell. I have been teaching physical education in St. Paul Schools since January of 1992. I have been teaching at Wellstone Elementary since the 2004-2005 school year. Wellstone is a wonderful community of students, families, and staff.
In Physical Education at Wellstone Elementary, students are working toward the standards through a large variety of games, sports, and challenges along with individual and group activities. Through participation students will:
1. Improve motor skills and movement.
2. Increase their knowledge and understanding of movement concepts, principles, and strategies.
3. Be challenged to achieve and maintain higher levels of physical fitness.
4. Practice respectful, responsible behaviors that enhance apositive learning experience.
5. Learn that good nutrition and daily physical activity contribute to a healthy, enjoyable life-style.
- Mrs. Russell, Phy. Ed. Specialist