Share the Love: Strengthening Our Communities
Share the Love launched as a pilot program in 2015. Over 3,600 students participated in 2020. In 2021, over 2000 youth participated in Share the Love either digitally or in person.
Share The Love is an activity designed to offer young people an opportunity to participate in building strong communities. SPPS students work together to identify people in their schools and communities who they want to thank or support with a positive message. Students create cards for their chosen recipients with supplies provided by Community Education.
Share the Love past recipients have included: Local elders, fire fighters, school staff, veterans, recent immigrants and families experiencing homelessness.
There are two options for Share the Love:
- Paper-based cards and supplies. Please register for the "in person" version of Share the Love. SPPS Community Education will deliver Share the Love materials packages at no cost to registered groups in the first week of February Package materials include an activity guide, art supplies, and a pre-paid USPS box.
- Digital cards. Please register for the "digital" version of Share the Love. We encourage you to use the activity planner to brainstorm which community members your students want to share love with. Use the Share the Love templates in whatever platform works best for your class (Seesaw, Jamboard, Schoology, Flipgrid). In whatever format you use, export the document and email to your chosen location.
- Digital templates: horizontal pdf, horizontal jpg, vertical pdf, vertical jpg, STL logo
- Digital version added option 1: Email the digital file to us. We will print and mail it to your chosen location.
- Email your document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line "Share the Love 2021". Include the name and location address to send it to.
- SPPS-CE only has the capacity to mail to mail a packet to one location per classroom size group.