Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Music in Music Education and Vocal Performance Master of Education in Music Education University of Minnesota Twin Cities
Hello Global Arts plus Community!
My Name Is Kim Kroetsch. It Is My Great Joy to Teach Music to Students on Our Lower Campus. I Have Taught at Our School for 27 Years- My Entire Teaching Career! My Husband and I Have 2 Children Who Are Global Arts plus Alums.
In Addition to Teaching Classroom Music, I Love Directing Our Elementary Choirs! I Am Constantly Inspired by the High-quality Musicianship Our Students Demonstrate When They Sing Together. I Also Love Working with the Many Professional Artists Who Come into Our School Community to Work with Students and Teachers. Another Hat I Wear at Our School Is Arts Integration Teacher on Special Assignment (Tosa). This Role Is Dedicated to Furthering Our School's Mission of Providing a Quality, Comprehensive, Arts-infused Education for All.
This past Summer, I Completed My Arts Integration Certification Through the Institute for Arts Integration and Steam. Interested in Learning More About Arts Integration- Check out My Certification Portfolio: Kim Kroetsch Arts Integration Portfolio
It Was My Great Fortune to Serve on the Committee of Arts Educators at the Mn Department of Education Who Developed the 2008 Minnesota State Arts Standards. the Arts Standards Encompass Music, Dance, Theater, Visual Art and Media Arts. They Provide Direction in Helping Students Learn Not Only About the Foundations of Each Art Form, but Also the Large Artistic Processes: Create, Perform, Respond & Connect. the Elementary Music Curriculum That I’ve Developed for Global Arts Students Gives Them:
- A Solid Grounding in the Foundations of Music: Melody, Rhythm, Harmony, Dynamics, Tone Color, Texture, Form and Their Related Concepts and How They Are Used in Performance, Creation and Response to Music.
- The Musical Skills of Reading and Notating Music As Well As Singing and Playing Classroom Instruments.
- The Tools to Create and Revise Their Own Music, Including: Improvisation, Composition and Arranging Rhythms, Melodies and Accompaniments.
- The Ability to Respond to Music That They Hear, As Students Justify Personal Interpretations and Connections to Music.
- An Understanding of the Many Connections Between Music and Other Core Content Areas, Including Math, Literacy, Social Studies, Science, and the Other Arts Areas. Arts Integration Is at the Heart of a Student’s Learning Experience in Music Class.
I Am Very Happy to Welcome My New Music Teaching Colleague Libby Sorenson to Global Arts plus Lower Campus! This Year, Ms Sorenson Teaches Students Through Music in Prek & Grades 2-5, While I Teach Students Through Music in Kindergarten-grade 2 and Choir. Our Door Is Always Open to Those Who Wish to Visit. Please Make Sure to Always Sign in at the Front Office.
If You Plan to Stop by- Here Is My Schedule of Music Classes:
Kim Kroetsch K-4 Music Schedule 2023-24
9:15-9:30 Morning Duty
9:30-10:00 Arts Integration Tosa
10:00-10:50 Grade 2 Arts Integration Class (Held in 2nd Grade Classrooms)
11:50-11:40 Arts Integration Tosa
11:40-1:15 Prep + Lunch
1:15-2:05 Grade 1 Music Class
2:10-3:00 Kindergarten Music Class
Monday: Job Embedded Professional Development (Jepd)
Tuesday: Grade 2 Choir Rehearsal
Wednesday: Grade 3 Choir Rehearsal
Thursday: Grade 4 Choir Rehearsal
3:50-4:15 Bus Duty