Blast Off To Kindergarten (BOTK) is a collaboration of community partners seeking to generate community awareness and action in Saint Paul by supporting schools, families and children in preparing for a smooth transition to kindergarten.
BOTK is dedicated to making sure all children in St. Paul are ready for kindergarten by offering a variety of ways for families to access information and support while preparing their child for school success.
- Children matter.
- Parents are a child’s first and most important teacher.
- Diversity is valued.
- Transition to school is a shared responsibility.
- Positive transition to school is a critical step to a child’s success in school.
- In partnership with families, the community is responsible for providing opportunities and resources so all children can reach their potential.
- Facilitate community conversations about transition to school to generate interest and action.
- Invite and encourage diverse perspectives.
- Provide accurate, useful and accessible information from various sources and disseminate it through multiple avenues.
Vist the Blast Off to Kindergarten website for more information on preparing for kindergarten!