Immunization Requirements and Information
State Law (MS 121A.15) requires all students in public schools be fully immunized or have a notarized statement exempting them from immunizations while enrolled in school.
All students new to Saint Paul Public Schools (SPPS) must bring their immunization record or exemption record to school upon enrollment.
Vaccinations given on time throughout childhood are essential to helping provide immunity to children before they are exposed to potentially life-threatening diseases. Vaccines are tested to ensure that they are safe and effective for children.
Use this chart from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) to make sure your child's immunizations are up to date:
Are Your Kids Ready? (English)
Downloadable Forms: includes immunization record form & medical/non-medical objection to immunizations form (CO form)
Immunization Record (English)
Resources for Immunizations:
Contact one of the following clinics to schedule an appointment for free or low cost immunizations:
- Health Start Clinics, located in SPPS high schools, 651-233-8951
- MN Community Care, multiple locations, 651-602-7500
- Open Cities Health Center-North End, 916 Rice St, 651-290-9200
- Saint Paul-Ramsey County Public Health Immunization Clinic, 555 Cedar, 651-266-1234
- United Family Medicine Clinic, 1026 W. 7th St, 651-758-9500
- Saint Paul Public Schools Placement Center, 2102 University Ave W, 651-632-3763
- Immunization Resources for Families - listing of various clinics that offer low-cost immunizations, along with hours and phone numbers
Additional information can be found at:
Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/