Mission and Vision
Inspire students to think critically, pursue their dreams and change the world.
To provide an education for language learners, with long-range goals for language proficiency, strong foundations, community engagement, and collaborative success. The aim is for all students to become bilingual, bi-literate, and culturally proficient in both the majority and partner cultures.
- Proficient in at least two languages, with a strong foundation in academic knowledge, communication skills and cultural understanding.
- Proud of their own cultural heritage, appreciation for the many cultures which compose the richness of our community.
- Challenged, supported and inspired to graduate on time.
- Welcomed in a language they understand, by staff who embrace the diversity within our schools.
- Empowered with the knowledge and tools to nurture their children’s academic success.
- Sharing their cultural heritage with their school, community and district-wide.
- Stronger for the gifts that we collectively contribute to the education of our children.
- Richer in well prepared, linguistically diverse and culturally proficient graduates.
- Prepared to create a bright future together
Saint Paul Public School (SPPS) EL Facts:
- SPPS has the highest number of English Learners (ELs) in the state of MN
- 10,275 students; 29% of the overall SPPS student population are ELs (October 1st, 2019)
- Over 120 languages identified in SPPS
- Top 4 languages in SPPS: Hmong, Spanish, Karen and Somali